The ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) is a cooperative regional effort to promote the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as one tourist destination. This annual event involves all the tourism industry sectors of the 10 member states of ASEAN: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam.
Each year, the hosting of ATF is rotated among the member countries. ATF was established in 1981. 2020 marks the 39th anniversary of the event.
ATF also provides a platform for the selling and buying of regional and individual tourism products of ASEAN member countries, through the 3-day TRAVEX event.
The unique and specialised ATF TRAVEX makes it easy and convenient for suppliers of ASEAN tourism products and services and international buyers to conduct business and meet quality participants through pre-scheduled business appointments that take place on-site. Both parties can maximise their participation through flexible one-to-one pre-scheduled meetings to explore, negotiate and ink deals with each other.
OFFICIAL MEETINGS | 12 to 16 January 2020
- ASEAN National Tourism Organisation (NTO) Meetings: Formal meetings between officials of ASEAN NTOs, led by their respective Executive Heads, and representatives from China, Japan, Republic of Korea, India and Russia.
- ASEAN Tourism Ministers Meetings: This includes the attendance of ASEAN ministers, as well as their counterparts from China, Japan, Republic of Korea and India.
- Association Meetings: Involving ASEAN Tourism Association (ASEANTA), Federation of ASEAN Travel Association (FATA), ASEAN Airlines Association (AAA), and ASEAN Hotel & Restaurant Association (AHRA)
TRAVEX (3-Days) | 14 to 16 January 2020
- Exhibition and Business Appointments: Facilitates the selling and buying of regional and individual tourism products of ASEAN member states.
- ASEAN Tourism Conference: Spotlights poignant issues as discussed and explained by regional experts and industry leaders.
- Networking: Extends conversations into informal settings with opportunities to engage industry peers and function hosts.
- Pre- and Post-Event Activities: Ranges from Friendly Golf Games to Tours, perfect for getting to know Brunei better.
ASEAN: TOGETHER TOWARDS A NEXT GENERATION OF TRAVEL
Over a span of close to 40 years, the 10 member states of ASEAN have made immense progress in their efforts to promote this region as a single collective tourism destination with a culturally diverse variety of attractions and travel experiences. The last 4 decades focused on tourism developments across ASEAN destinations that have given the region increased awareness to draw continued interest from international travelling communities with novel and re-engineered propositions. Meanwhile, ASEAN’s prevalent message to the world echoed all that was unique in its appeal – its natural richness, its heritage and resolve for success.
Today, in a time when phenomenal global urbanisation, new eloquence, and technological advancements are driving a new breed of travellers, ASEAN is at the crossroads of its next milestone. More than ever before, ASEAN recognises the need to keep pace with the dynamics and demands of changing travel patterns, demographics, behaviours and preferences.
At the 39th ASEAN Tourism Forum, held in Brunei Darussalam, the future of ASEAN travel will be the focal point of industry conversation and opportunity at both official meetings and TRAVEX – the world’s largest ASEAN destination, product and service showcase. As fresh perspectives and innovation take centre-stage to ready tomorrow’s ASEAN, the region’s potential burns bright as it seeks unchartered pathways and campaigns that look forward to the next generation of travel.
BRIDEX INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE
Jerudong BG 3122, Brunei Darussalam
TRAVEX Exhibition, Business Meetings, ASEAN Tourism Conference
Built in 2009 for the purpose of facilitating BRIDEX (Brunei Darussalam International Defence and Exhibition Conference) events, the 26-acre complex now hosts a myriad of regional and international shows annually.
Sited within the Royal Brunei Polo and Riding Club in Jerudong (about 5 minutes away from the Empire Hotel and Country Club), the Centre is equipped with two air-conditioned exhibition halls and meeting spaces. A mobility park allows for live demonstrations of equipment and systems. There are also chalets, restaurants and other hospitality facilities for visitors to the Centre.